Final Fantasy XVI is out and it goes by the name, "Victory In the Land of Gods and Monsters." Is this game any good? I remember Final Fantasy VII and it seems to be the best game of the series I've seen so far. Let's take a look at this game and if it's worth playing.
Final Fantasy XVI is the latest installment in the long-running Final Fantasy series. It was developed by Square Enix and released for the PlayStation 5 in June 2023. The game is an action RPG that features a high-fantasy setting and a cast of memorable characters.
The Good Things
There are many good things about Final Fantasy XVI. Here are a few of the highlights:
- The story: The story of Final Fantasy XVI is one of the strongest in the series. It is a dark and epic tale of revenge and redemption, with a cast of characters who are both relatable and compelling. In total, there are 16 campaign missions. It also includes worldbuilding
- The combat: The combat in Final Fantasy XVI is fast-paced and action-packed. It is a hybrid of real-time and turn-based combat, with a focus on combos and special abilities.
- The graphics: The graphics in Final Fantasy XVI are stunning. The game world is beautifully rendered, and the character models are incredibly realistic.
- The music: The music in Final Fantasy XVI is amazing. It is composed by Yoshitaka Hirono, who has also composed music for other popular games such as Final Fantasy XIV and Kingdom Hearts.
Final Fantasy XVI is a great game with a lot to offer. It has a strong story, exciting combat, stunning graphics, and amazing music. If you are a fan of the Final Fantasy series, or if you are looking for a great action RPG, then you should definitely check out Final Fantasy XVI.
- Final Fantasy XVI is available for purchase on the PlayStation Store.
- The game is rated T for Teen by the ESRB.
- The game has a playtime of around 40-50 hours.
I highly recommend Final Fantasy XVI to anyone who is a fan of the Final Fantasy series or who is looking for a great action RPG. The game is a must-play for any fan of the genre.
It has gotten very good reviews, including a 100/100 from Gaming Trend, and 9 or higher from IGN, PSU, and GamingBolt. Twinfinite rate it a 5/5 and Dexerto a 5/5.
It is said that the game takes about 40 hours to finish along the main story.
Online writer since 2008. I enjoy writing and have written nearly a thousand tech related articles about electric vehicles, software, tech companies, hardware, gaming, tech related products, and company developments in tech.