Comcast has a long outage going on right now, and it's been going on since about 2:00 PM MST here in Utah. It has continually pushed back the time to be resolved, and now it is 9:00 PM.
If you live in the Utah area and use Comcast, we'd like to hear from you about how often your service is interrupted - simply leave a comment below. I use Comcast as my Internet provider, and it very frequently has issues.
If by chance your Internet is out because of Comcast and you need to use your phone's 3G, 4G, or 5G to connect, it's pretty simple. Here are the steps:
- Go to the Settings on your phone
- Go to connections
- Go to mobile hotspot and tethering
- If you have Bluetooth, you can enable Bluetooth tethering
- Or if you have a USB adapter for your computer and phone, you can enable USB tethering after plugging your phone in to your computer
- Accept all prompts that come on your phone
- On your computer, a "Network 4" or some kind of Network should appear. Simply wait for it to start having Internet
- You may need to disable your Wi-Fi network until it comes back online
- Make sure your phone is connecting using its data plan and not the wireless network
I'm seriously considering cancelling Comcast and finding a way to use my phone as a modem.
Online writer since 2008. I enjoy writing and have written nearly a thousand tech related articles about electric vehicles, software, tech companies, hardware, gaming, tech related products, and company developments in tech.