Is the $20 monthly subscription worth it for GPT-4? Let's take a look at some examples and see if you get good value for the money?
In this video, we have some examples of GPT-3 and GPT-4. Let's see how it compares.
First Scenario: Recipes
The scenario is: Show me the recipe of samosa in 5 lines where every word starts with A:
- Absolutely! Alright, here's an appetizing 5-line recipe for samosas with alliteration:
- Add together flour, ajwain seeds, and oil to make a dough. Afterwards, allow it to rest for an hour.
- After, add all-space, amchur powder, and any veggies you want to include in the filling.
- Ascertain that the filling is completely cool before stuffing it inside the dough.
- Adequately seal the samosas and air-fry or deep-fry them until golden brown.
- Arrange on a plate with chutney and enjoy your amazing appetizer, alliteratively!
- Acquire All-purpose Atta, Appropriate Aloo, Ample Ajwain
- Arrange Aloo, Add Assorted Aromatic Additions
- Assemble Atta, Add Ajwain, Amalgamate Adeptly
- Apportion Aloo, Artfully Affix Atta
- Adeptly Air-fry, Achieve Appetizing Amuse-bouche
In this case, it's clear that GPT-4 did a better job and was more efficient.
Second Scenario: Options for start times for employee availability
The scenario is: Andrew is free from 11 am to 3pm, Joanne is free from noon to 2pm and then 3:30 pm to 5 pm. Hannah is available at noon for half an hour, and then 4pm to 6pm. What are some options for start times for a 30 minute meeting for Andrew, Hannah, and Joanne.
To find a start time for a 30 minute meeting that works for Andrew, Joanne, and Hannah, we need to identify a time slot that overlaps for all three individuals. Here are some options:
- Option 1: Start the meeting at 4:00 pm. This works for Hannah and Joanne, and Andrew is free from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm, so he can join the meeting 10 minutes late and still attend half of it.
- Option 2: Start the meeting at 11:30 am. This works for Andrew and Hannah, and Joanne is free from noon to 2:00 pm, so she can join the meeting at 12:00 pm.
- Option 3: Start the meeting at 3:30 pm. this works for Joanne and Andrew, and Hannah is free from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm, so she can join the meeting 30 minutes late and still attend half of it.
- Option 4: Start the meeting at 12:30 pm. This works for Hannah and Joanne, and Andrew is free from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm, so he can attend the meeting during his free time.
Given the availability of Andrew, Joanne, and Hannah, the following options are suitable for a 30-minute meeting:
- 12:00 pm - 12:30 pm (noon) - All three are available at this time.
- 2:30 pm - 3:00 pm - Andrew and Joanne are available, and Hannah can join just after her 2 pm commitment.
This second answer is wrong. Joanne is not available from 2:30 to 3 pm. Feedback can be given to the chatbot to tell it it's wrong. GPT-4 has the ability to correct itself.
Third Scenario: Writing a poem about The Avengers Movies
When it came to writing poems about the avengers, GPT-4 performed better. There are more parameters for GPT-4, but OpenAI has not revealed this information yet.
GPT-4 was a little better at answering puzzles presented. GPT-3 gave a wrong answer to a puzzle and GPT-4 also had a wrong answer saying a puzzle was a negative result. GPT-4 can be wrong. You cannot blindly trust the AI.
Overall, GPT-4 seems to be a more sophisticated AI. However, is it worth paying money for yet? In my opinion, it is not yet worth paying money for.
Online writer since 2008. I enjoy writing and have written nearly a thousand tech related articles about electric vehicles, software, tech companies, hardware, gaming, tech related products, and company developments in tech.